Saturday, November 14, 2015

Pondering Christian Outrage Over Wendy Davis

"I made my decision out of love" (Wendy Davis)

A great many of the Christians who are extremely agitated by the ludicrous assertion that Wendy Davis "loved" the baby she aborted will sit in churches come Sunday morning that insist that God "loves" those whom he consigns to eternal hell, and will be totally unmoved by that blasphemous atrocity.

Until one understands Paul's answer to the question, "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" (Romans 8:34), one does not understand the particularity of the unfailing love of God that saves his people from their sins (John 10:11,26, Matthew 1:21). Once we establish that nothing can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 8:31-39), we are forced to one of two positions, either:

1) God loves all men and there will be universal salvation for all of humanity, which denies the biblical reality of hell (Matthew 25:41), or

2) God's loves his chosen people (Ephesians 1:4-5) and has chosen to show mercy upon them (Titus 3:5) even as God himself explicitly tells us.
"And he [Moses] said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he [God] said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy." (Exodus 3:18-19) 
"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love." (John 15:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment